Work in Progress
At any time, the OAG has a number of audits or reviews in progress. Click the report name to view a brief description and the audit criteria (what we looked at).
Projects in the Reporting Phase
Learn more about the reporting phase.
- Benefits and Services for Disability Assistance Clients
The purpose of this audit is to determine whether the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation (SDSI) provides accessible service and ensures that its disability assistance clients receive the right benefits that provide for their needs and contribute to improving their outcomes.
- Professional Service Contracts Audit
The purpose of this audit is to determine whether the Ministry of Advanced Education, the Ministry of Energy and Mines, the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens' Services, and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure are receiving the best value from their contracts for professional and advisory services.
The audit will assess the efforts of these ministries to strike the optimal balance between high quality and low cost by answering the following questions:
- Are professional and advisory services procured in a manner that is competitive, fair and cost effective?
- Is procurement of professional and advisory services resulting in the right services at the right price at the right time?
- Special Accounts
This report provides information and recommendations about government's use of special accounts.
An audit of three of government's 24 special accounts was undertaken - The Children's Education Fund Special Account, Innovative Energy Fund Special Account, and First Nations Clean Energy Business Fund Special Account. The audit of the three special accounts seeks to answer the following questions:
- Is the special account operated in compliance with government's financial management framework?
- Is the special account operated in compliance with its legislative framework?
- Is the special account effectively governed?
- Is the special account achieving its intended outcomes?
Projects in the Conducting Phase
Learn more about the conducting phase.
- IT Audit of the Integrated Case Management System
The purpose of this audit is to assess whether the information in the ICM is protected and of quality, contributing to the integrity of the system in the provisioning of social assistance
- Update: BC Hydro: The Effects of Rate-Regulated Accounting
This report will provide an update to our 2011 report where we examined the implications of BC Hydro's use of rate-regulated accounting, which allows BC Hydro to establish deferral accounts into which it can "defer" expenses to future years.
- Managing Correctional Facilities and Programs
The purpose of this audit is to assess whether the Audit Custody Division is planning for and providing the facilities and programs it needs to meet its mandate. The audit will determine this by concluding on the following three objectives:
- Does the Adult Custody Division identify and provide the facilities it needs to deliver safe and secure custody?
- Does the Adult Custody Division identify and provide the programs it needs to reduce criminal behaviour?
- Does the Adult Custody Division provide inmates with access to facilities and programs that are consistent with its current policies and legislation?
- Management of Cumulative Effects
The purpose of this audit is to determine whether the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations' natural resource development decisions consider and address cumulative changes to the environment to help ensure that British Columbia's lands and natural resources provide long-term social, economic and environmental benefits. To achieve this purpose we will evaluate whether FLNRO:
- has established direction and responsibility for managing cumulative effects;
- considers and addresses cumulative effects in its decision-making in the northwest region of British Columbia; and
- is continually improving cumulative effects management.
Projects in the Follow-up Phase
Learn more about the follow-up phase.